Friday, 7 December 2012

angel bag

 When my sister asked me to make a bag for her friend, that loves pink, I thought this applique design by designbysick.com would be a good way of using up some scraps; I like the way the wing loves even though i had to cover some problem areas with a few well placed sequins- thats becuase the sheer fabric had a mind of its own. I like the gold work though, and its in a very cute place luckily.

I stiched out the 2 appliques parts on paper for a template first. I just used adhesive spray to stick the pink satin to the paper then cut out the whole thing togther, since the paper then made it easy to stick the fabric to the base, adn the paper just acts like another layer of stabiliser.
i really have to start working on my own christmas gifts instead of everyone elses!

No comments:

Post a Comment