Thursday, 28 June 2012

the heart quilt so far


Here is the heart quilt now put togther. My plan is to make it single bed size, and add a matching pillowcase.
The pink polar fleece given to me to put on the back was a bit smelly, but after soaking in vinegar I think its ok now, so I will have a play with it some. I'm not sure how I will bind it.
I am also make some crazy quilt blocks, again using the missouri quilting company you-tube instructions.
This is a very free and easy way of quilting. I finished the patch work one first becauase I knew it would create lots of scrap that I could use in the crazy quilt one.
Both these quilts will be raffled at a charity event in October, so I have time to play with them. I plan to use my janome 12000 to do some stippling on the heart one and some machine embroidery on the crazy quilt, using the freebies from BCF.

No comments:

Post a Comment