Saturday, 16 June 2012

Girl's dress of drawstring ladies skirt

I am trying to deplete the stack of clothes for refashioning so here's a girl's dress made out a nice green skirt with lovely beading.

Due to a bit of damage on the original skirt, I had to get creative and inserted a lace- up section.
I cut off the elastic top, then used a bodice pattern to cut out the bodice of the top. I also cut the lining so it had a neckline and shoulders, but didnt bother to cut off the waist and just left it as one piece.
i used the excess top layer to make spagetti thin ties for the lace up, and recycled the drawstring for here.
The fiddly bit was putting in the lace up, but it gave it a lovely look and also removed the torn silk.

No comments:

Post a Comment