Friday, 6 April 2012

quilts

 I love the idea of quilts but tend to find I am too impatient to do them the old fashioned way, so mine are a bit of a hybrid.
This first one that started it all was inspired by me finds a stack of patterns for cross stitch at the Salvation army thrift store and even a few finished pieces. I loved Peter Rabbit for my older boys, but being  a practical soul needed to make something useful, so I made this quilt around that them.
 I use normal polyester wadding and don't do much top stitching as I'm usually over it by then
 This next quilt was for my nephew Jackson. The old janome 9000 got a work out putting on machine embroidery that reflected his family like fishing, vegies etc.
I made this one for my friend's little one. I wasn't sure if it was a boy or a girl so I was going for a neutral idea, which was the animal alphabet. Again the janome 9000 was used, although I had to be a bit inventive like using the fox in grey to be a wolf, and a dark brown bull to be a yak. My husband thought q for quarter horse was a bit of a stretch too, but i didnt have a quail!
Here is another quilt in the theme of dogs. I made a dribble cloth and bib to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment